Carpet & Fabric Protection Nashville TN - BearGuard Protector
Big Bear Floor Care of Nashville uses BearGuard Carpet & Fabric Protection because we care about our environment!
Protectors are applied to freshly cleaned carpet, rugs and upholstery! Carpet & fabric protection is an important investment to make when you have freshly cleaned carpet & upholstery.
There are so many benefits to having a protector applied to all of your carpet and furnishings. In so many cases in our industry cleaners will sell protector but only apply water so you think that protector doesn't work. Our clients trust us to apply protector which we keep in a dedicated sprayer that has had nothing else in it but a high quality protector. We never use the same sprayer container that we use for applying cleaning solutions; this way only the protector is being applied. Also, we buy only the best of products & solutions to use in your home. Once cleaned, having that protection applied will give you a peace of mind.
A nylon stain-resist carpet is made with two protective properties: The first is an acid dye blocker that is basically a clear dye that fills the extra dye sites in a fiber. This helps to keep “foreign" dyes, such as red dye in a beverage, from penetrating the carpet fiber. The second property is called a “fluorochemical". It is commonly known as 3M Scotchgard ® or DuPont Teflon ®. This treatment helps keep spillage from actually getting to the acid dye blocker, but its biggest job is to resist dry soil. When we reapply the protector after cleaning the carpet, we use Green Guard because we care about the environment and went to great lengths to find a protector that was green!
By resisting dry soil, less soil bonds to the carpet, which then can be picked up by your vacuum or cleaning. Making sure that you have a sufficient amount of protector on your carpet will help keep the soil from bonding to the carpet. Once it bonds to the carpet, it acts like sandpaper on your traffic area. Once the traffic area yarns are broken down, there is no way to bring them back to their original state because of the actual fiber loss.
2 Ways Protector Is Removed From Carpet:
Regular Foot Traffic – A significant amount of protector can be removed from your carpet by foot traffic in 6 months or more depending on the amount of traffic. Protector needs to be applied when your carpets have been freshly cleaned.
Improper Cleaning Methods – Harsh cleaning chemicals used on the carpet can strip your protection. This happens when you use the do-it-yourself machines or hire an uneducated professional that uses high pH (high alkaline) cleaners. We do not skimp on cost of products that we use in your home or office because we want only the best for our clients. We are a true “green" carpet care company.
4 Mistakes Other Cleaners Make in Applying Protector:
- Not using high quality protector. Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the warranty of the carpet. Our company uses only the highest quality, recommended protectors.
- Not using a dedicated container. Using a used container for carpet protector has other cleaner residue in the container, which will contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our Big Bear Truck has a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
- Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under-apply or over- apply the protector. Under-applying doesn't allow for complete penetration on the carpet yarns. Over-applying causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. Our company technicians are diligently trained for proper application.
- Not grooming the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. Our company thoroughly grooms the protector into the carpet pile.
6 Reasons You Should Always Get Carpet Protector:
- Reduces permanent stains. A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn't repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Being able to remove spots and spills more effectively, you can avoid permanent staining.
- Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectively.
- Make spots easier to remove. The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use, the less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water but our clients like to use the professional grade spot cleaner that we leave them every time we clean their carpet. Our Bear Tracks Spot Remover has saved our clients money time and time again. They know the product works and that it is safe for their carpet(s). If they have pets they use our Bear Claw Pet Odor Eliminator.
- Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
- Helps avoid costly service calls. Although you want to call us to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by removing the spot yourself with our Bear Tracks Spot Remover.
- The result of having a protector applied to your carpet is that your carpet will look better and last longer.
Professional Carpet & Fabric Protection Nashville TN - BearGuard Protector